Saturday, February 04, 2006

I wonder if Duane Allman ate a lot of steak?

So I didn't need to change clothes. After a brief conference with other dinner-goers it was decided that our clothes were A-OK and we went as-is. And I got the biggest fillet I've ever had. And it was delicious. I'd guess it was like 1.5-2 inches thick. Nothing else was notable about the dinner other than my mighty-man steak, which pleased me greatly. And the tiny Chinese girl ate almost as much as I did, which I consider impressive since she's like 5 feet tall and only weighs like 75 pounds.

I listened to the Allman Brothers all morning yesterday (actually just Live at the Fillmore and Live from American University over and over) and I've decided they are probably the best band from the 70s. If Duane Allman hadn't died, I think they would have destroyed the Grateful Dead as an awesome tour monster-machine. Given the choice, I'm gonna choose the Allmans every time. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and claim that Duane Allman is the best guitar player that ever was. Why? Because there is no way to prove me wrong. Its totally subjective! In your eye.

No comments: