Thursday, December 20, 2007

Here is are reasons never to fly, based on my experiences:

1. When arriving at the Northwest ticket counter yesterday at 6 am for my 7 am flight there was a full line. Like way past the guideropes. And yet only 2 people working behind the desk. Convienent. So, I got through by around 6:40, only to wait in the security line.

2. Security guard who checks IDs (what a job): "This License expires today." Me: "I know." Him: "It expires today." Me: "I know, I'm going to Alaska today. It's an Alaskan license." Him: "It expires today." Me: "Just let me through." Barely caught the plane to Minneapolis.

3. Minnepolis > Seattle flight delayed 2 hours in 15 minute increments. Spent 6 hours at that airport. Missed Seattle connection to Alaska.

4. Rebooked on new flight to Alaska. Problem: fat woman with a 3-week old baby in the middle seat NEXT TO ME. Also, she required approximately 20% of my space from my seat, not including the armrest. I am now sore all over from sitting at very awkward angles for 3.5 hours.

5. This is the least of the problems, but upon final arrival in Fairbanks, Mister pushy had the window seat and I was in the aisle. someone handed me my backpack (we were in the front non-first class row with no underseat storage) which apparently made him quite jealous. So he started pushing me a bit because he apparently wanted his bags too. Which were in the over bin RIGHT ABOVE US. Me: "Hey, your bags are still there. They're not going anyplace." Him: "Mumble mumble crazy talk".

6. Finally, guess what? My only checked in bag didn't make it. Great. So clothes (I guess they were all dirty anyway) no toiletries ( I really want to brush me teeth).

Thanks airline industries! Thanks idiot passengers! Thanks government for bailing the airlines out!

No comments: