Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Porcupine Tree

So trucked back down to HOB last night for Porcupine Tree. And it was pretty awesome. Rode the rapid by myself and caught the second half of the openers, 3. They rocked pretty loud and hard. Not too bad. PT then came out and were awesome. Reminded me more of Tool than the stuff on that old double disc I got from Nick, but I enjoyed it. They even busted out some of those old ones that I recognized! Not that I actually know any song names. Anyway, here is the setlist, not that it means a whole helluva lot to me:

What Happens Now?
Fear of a Blank Planet
Sound of Muzak
Lazarus
Nil Recurring
Anesthetize
Open Car
Dark Matter
Cheating the Polygraph
A Smart Kid
Way Out of Here
Sleep Together

Encore:
The Sky Moves Sideways (!!!!!!)
Even Less
Halo

I left most of the way through Halo so as to not miss the last train back (11:30??? come on RTA). However, when I left it was pouring rain. So that sucked. Then it was still pouring when the train dropped me off, so another fun, wet walk back to lab. Then it was still pouring when I biked home. Then it was still raining when I biked in this morning. So my pants, shoes and socks are in the warm room and I'm wearing uncomfortable sandals and gym shorts.

Oh yeah, and the cute bartender was there again and she recognized me and then mocked my love of PBR tall boys. But those tattoos freak me out.

No comments: