Thursday, October 25, 2007

DBT

Soooo....last night was supposed to be a kind of laid back acoustic DBT show....Not so much. First, the setlist:

"When I woke up this morning I thought this was going to be one of those Dirt Underneath shows"...Patterson Hood

New Patterson song (The Righteous Path?)
Women Without Whiskey
Little Bonnie
Gravity's Gone
Puttin' People On The Moon (The HEAVIEST version I've ever seen)
I'm Eighteen (Yeah, Alice Cooper)
Marry Me
Panties In Your Purse
The Opening Act
Self Destructive Zones
Sandwiches For The Road
One Of These Days
Heathens
Tales Facing Up
Daddy's Cup
Lookout Mountain

Encore:
Let There Be Rock
Three Dimes Down
Ronnie And Neil
Buttholeville/State Trooper

So, obviously a rock show. The rock show. Kick ass rock show. It was all worth it for the Moon>18, which rocked totally hard. Then, maybe about 2/3 through the show Amy texts me to say she's hanging out with....wait for it....Dean Ween. Like from Ween. Me: "No fucking way" Amy: "He's gonna sing Van Halen at karaoke" Me: (actually I had already peed my pants at this point).
I didn't get Zip City, but that's ok State Trooper was FanFuckingtastic when Patterson starts throwing the mic stand around cuz he's drank so much whiskey. I need to listen to the recording, I hope it turned out ok.

I would have driven out to Lakewood, but I was beat by the time the show got out at 12:15. And, embarassingly, I wanted to check my email. So I went home. But that email I've been waiting for was there, so still worth it in my opinion. ;)

And still got Ween tonight. Kick ass.

No comments: