Sunday, November 11, 2007

Babies: rethinking old positions

I have never liked babies. Or, I guess, more accurately, I used to not like babies. Or maybe it is the concept of babies that I've changed my mind about. That being said (and I'm not trying to sound cliche, or whatever) babies are amazing.

Chengzhuo had her son yesterday morning. I went to see the whole family today and left UH feeling better than I've felt in a long time. Like I said, I don't know if I've changed in terms of how I think of babies or maybe post-birth mothers release happy-phermones (if so, I will manufacture them and use/sell them). Maybe the fact that Chengzhuo, her husband and her mother-in-law were all so happy was infectious. Right now, I don't care.

I couldn't stop looking at the baby. I know it sounds gay or whatever, but it was breath-taking. That little guy was in her belly last wednesday (the last day she came to work) when she told me to quit being so sad and serious. Well, starting friday, I've been trying. And today I didn't even need to try.

He was still ugly in that baby way (before I meant that in a mean way, but not now). But it was still somehow cute. Like a tiny Jim Henson creation. I couldn't even touch him.

I can't wait to babysit when he gets older. I'm gonna be a rad uncle.

No comments: